Spicy Cashew Hummus
- 1 pack Eat More Beans Mixed Beans
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 shallot
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ a large lemon, juiced
- 2 small ice cubes
- Soak the beans in a bowl of water for 15 minutes and peel off the skin. This will help create a smoother texture for the hummus.
- Add the beans, cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, cashew butter, shallot, ginger, garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add the ice cubes and continue to blend until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl or plate and top with a drizzle of olive oil and red chili flakes.
- Serve with vegetables, pita bread, or crackers and enjoy.
Made with: Eat More Beans - Perfect Beans